Floors of Faith-Work Integration in an Living Sent Enterprise
What does success look like for a Living Sent Enterprise? First and foremost, faith and work are integrated. At the foundation level, the first piece of concrete is poured because a personal decision is made to follow Christ and honor God. As one works their way through and up the floors of the business, internal faith-based initiatives occur, a public expression of faith happens and the company becomes a beacon of light to the community and world. The Living Sent Enterprise has a plan, a Ministry Action Plan, and the Company is honoring God with a value system that is unwavering and a bold vision. Employees are moving towards Christ spiritually.
- One Understands that the Business belongs to Christ and your Business/Job Is Ministry.
- One Honors God, Operates with Honesty, Integrity and Kindness.
- There is personal Prayer, personal Bible Reading and personal Church Affiliations.
The Second Floor
- Faith-based Small Groups meet in the Business (e.g., LSM CEGs/CWGs) *
There are Corporate Chaplaincies for Employees.
Employee Prayer Request Systems Exist.
Consultants Help with Faith Integration.
Employer and/or Employee Ministry Action Plans (MAPS) are Completed.
*Christian Executives Groups/Christian Women’s Groups are biblically based leadership focused small groups.
The Third Floor
- One’s Christian Faith is Linked with Business Decision-making.
Christian Messages or Scripture are Displayed on Company Materials.
Faith-based Advertising and Marketing Decisions Occur.
Faith-based Organizations are Meeting at the Company.
Salvation Experiences are Happening at Work.
The Company Culture provides Faith-based Community Engagement.
The Fourth Floor
- The Business is fulfilling its Purpose to honor God with a Value System that is Unwavering, and a Bold Vision.
- The Culture from Top-to-Bottom exudes the Company’s Light for Christ.
- Employees Develop, move towards Christ Spiritually, pursue Excellence in an Effort to honor God and the Company Prospers.
Employees are aligned with the Company’s Value System.
Internal and external Philanthropic Initiatives are a Part of the Company’s Culture.
Faith-based Businesses are Generated and/or Supported.
Leaders and aspiring Leaders are being Mentored to Operate at the Fourth Floor Level.
The Reputation to honor God is Apparent.
The First Three Floors are Woven into the Fabric of the Business to Honor God.